As an administrator you can define from which IP can connect a user.
- Go to http://deck.whisbi.com [settings section]
- User Login Manager -> IP Whitelist Manager
- If the list is empty, the Users can connect from any IP. If there is one or more IPs listed, the Users can only connect from the ones listed.
- You can define as much IPs as you want.
Security Token: How it works with Whisbi One to Many
With the security token you can limit the access from uncontrolled devices.
- This option cannot be configured through the Whisbi Deck and should be requested via Support.
- When this option is enabled, Whisbi will provide a set of token files.
- An administrator should copy manually the security token in the device.
- The User logs in the App with his credentials.
- If the user selects the option to broadcast in a Channel with “Security option enabled”, the following occurs:
Broadcasting with the Security…
The Whisbi App starts looking for a token file in the device:
If not found, the App rejects the broadcasting.
If found, it starts to identify the User from the Token (Decipher it)
-If the token’s User doesn’t match with the User logged in the App, the broadcast is rejected.
-If the token’s User matches with the User logged in, the App accepts the broadcast.
An administrator can grant or refuse the access to a specific channel to an User in real time.
To broadcast, the User is required to download the Whisbi App.
An administrator can limit the User’s access based on the IP they are connecting from.
To broadcast, and administrator should copy a token file in the device.
To use the “Whisbi App” the user should sign in and match it with the Token in the device. Only users with rights granted by an administrator and his token in the device can broadcast in a channel.
A token can be copied in multiple devices, but the access can only be granted to a specific user. A user with a device with his corresponding token file and the permissions granted can broadcast from any place.