As soon as you log in to Whisbi Deck you will land on the Overview page.
This page is designed to give you all the relevant information about the current status of your campaign at a glance.
1. On the left side of the screen you have all your campaign filters, such as the Presenters, Seeds (Click 2 Action), among others. To Learn more visit this article.
2. At the top right of the screen you can change the view either to see Today's data, this week (from the starting day of the week you selected in your profile preferences until today), This month or you can also select a custom range of days.
3. At the center top of the screen you have information about your viewers: Total viewers, the total active viewers across your sessions, the amount of questions and how many were engaged in your sessions for the filters and time range selected. You can learn more about this by visiting this Help Center article.
4. At the center bottom of the screen you have the information about how long you broadcasted across your sessions. This article will give you more information about it.
5. Your Performance Timeline will show you a graph of the Viewers, Active Viewers, Questions, Engaged viewers and Likes by hours, specific days or days of the week. Visit this article for more information.
The Overview also provides more information about your Presenter's performance during the broadcasts which you will find by scrolling down the page. You can get more information about this in the article.
Whisbi Deck Overview has two ways of filtering the information you see across the different graphics, either by KPIs or by Time period.
By default all the filters are ticked and the time period will be "Today".
Located on the left side you have a list of automatic and custom filters.
The automatic filters are:
My Account: The account filter lets you jump from the One-to-One to One-To-Many or to your different accounts depending on the structure your Service has.
Presenter: It displays all your Live presenters.
The custom filters are:
Widgets: Are the One-to-Many channels where your Live presenters are going to broadcast. Learn more about this by visiting this article.
Channels: Are defined by your per seed from a drop down menu. Learn more about this by visiting this article.
Located at the top right of the screen you can filter the data displayed in your Overview either to see Today, This week, This month or you can also select a time period.
The overview page provides you with the information about your viewers in four graphic diagrams. Bear in mind that the following data will be shown according to what you have selected in the KPI and time range filters:
Total viewers: This figure refers to the total number of people that have watched all your One-to-Many sessions.
Someone is counted as a viewer when they stay for at least 10 seconds on the broadcast.
Bear in mind that Whisbi only counts as unique viewers those who stay on the broadcast using the same browser without reloading the page.
If the same person closes the page and reopens after 10 seconds, they will count as a new viewer.
Active viewers: This represents the number of people that have watched and also have put their names in the One-to-Many Widget. The percentage is calculated by dividing the number of Active viewers by the total number of viewers.
Engaged viewers: This number counts all the viewers that have watched more than 180 seconds of the broadcast. The percentage is calculated by dividing the number of Engaged viewers by the total number of viewers.
Questions asked: This is the total number of questions asked by all your customers across all your sessions.
Whisbi Deck's Overview shows you information about the duration and viewing time with three graphs:
Broadcast duration: This is the total number of hours you have broadcasted across all your channels.
Average viewing time: This average is calculated by dividing the total viewing time by the total number of viewers.
Total time viewed: This is the total watching time by every viewer.
This graph shows by hour, specific days or days of the week information about the following:
Viewers: Number of viewers for all your sessions.
Active viewers: Viewers that have put their names in the One-to-Many widget.
Questions: Number of questions asked across all your sessions.
Engaged viewers: Viewers that have watched the broadcast for more than 180 seconds.
Likes: Number of likes received across all your sessions.
Bear in mind that the data shown here depends on the KPI and Time range filtered.
The Overview page also provides information about how well your Presenters are doing their job.
Likes: This number refers to the total number of Likes received by the Live Presenters across all the sessions. If you want to see more information about the likes and agents that got them refer to the reports section of the Whisbi Deck.
Presenter rating average: This shows the average rating for the Live Presenter's performance given by the viewers when they click on their profile picture on the One-to-Many Widget.
Viewer reviews: Number of viewers that have given a review to the Live Presenter.
The Top Presenters section shows the Live Presenters with the best performance on two qualifiers:
- Number of viewers
- Broadcast rating